The Main Pharmacy (Building 959) processes new prescriptions from Peterson MDG providers. Go to the pharmacy to activate your prescription after your provider has entered it.
The Satellite (a.k.a. Commissary, a.k.a. Peterson East) Pharmacy (Building 2017) processes prescriptions that originate from off-base (including CMHS MTFs and non MTF providers) and is the pickup location for all refills.
New Prescription Activation Methods
MHS-GENESIS Patient Portal (Electronic Prescriptions Only)
- Select “Message my Provider,” then “Send a Message”
- In the “To” field, enter “Peterson Pharmacy Prescription Activation
- Subject line: Activation or New Rx Activation
- Provide as much detail as possible including:
- Patient info (Name, DOB, DODID)
- Contact information (Phone #)
- Drug name/strength
- Provider name
- Date of appointment
- Please allow two duty days for prescriptions to be processed
Satellite Pharmacy (In Person) to Request Prescription Activation (Paper or Electronic Prescriptions)
- If prescription needed same day (cutoff time for same day activation is 3:00 p.m.)
- Take a ticket to request prescription activation
- If prescription not needed same day
- Use drop box in pharmacy waiting area
- Allow two duty days for prescriptions to be processed
Prescription refill requests must be processed through the automated refill line:
- 719-556-1109, option 1 OR
- 1-888-745-6427 OR
Allow 72-hour turnaround time. Prescription refills are processed offsite at the Joint Refill Center.
Prescription Activation and Processing
Prescriptions are not automatically activated; the patient or patient representative must initiate the request. Please allow up to five days for processing of new or refill non-formulary medications; ask your provider to authorize up to a 90-day supply whenever possible.
The pharmacy can dispense up to a 90-day supply for most non-controlled maintenance medications.
Ask your prescriber to submit the prescription to “DOD PETERSON PHARMACY” for all electronic prescriptions.
To receive notification (via text or call) of when prescriptions are ready for pickup, please ask a staff member to confirm that your contact information is on file and up to date, and that you are “opted in” to this service
Prescriptions will be returned to stock 10 duty days from activation date if not picked up.